In honor of World Ocean’s Day 2020, the Blue Institute is proud to announce a Call for Submissions for “Words on Water,” a Poetry, Prose and Playwriting Competition with an “open-ended theme of water.”
Blue Institute has decided to celebrate the spirit of Ocean conservation throughout the month of June to encourage more students and young adults to take part. With the ongoing COVID 19 crisis, we understand it is a challenging time for both children and adults to accommodate school schedules and coursework at home. With this thought in mind, entries are now welcome and accepted until Tuesday, June 30, 2020. Both electronic and snail mail submissions will be accepted.
There will be two grouping in each category – Adults & K-12 Students. A panel of jurors from the local, regional, and international writing-arts community will anonymously review and select the Finalists in each category. The Finalists will be announced early July, their works will be read/performed over the summer (online), and the winners announced in the Fall.
1) Writers may submit only one work in each category – use size 12 Times New Roman font, with one-inch margins.
2) All work must be original, unpublished and not previously produced.
3) Each submission must have a cover page with:
• Title of Work
• Author’s Full Name, mailing address, telephone number and email (if they have one)
• K-12 Students must also identify their school
4) Each submission may be a maximum of 9 pages plus a Cover Page.
5) Author’s name contact information and Title appears only on the Cover Page.
6) Plays are limited to four characters or less – set is Black Box Theater Style only.
7) Prose can be fiction or non-fiction.
8) Finalists’ works will be read/performed on-line by local actors or the authors themselves over the summer (format to be decided). Winners will be announced in Fall 2020. The Finalists & Winners works may also be published on the Blue Institute’s Website, may be published in a Blue Institute World Oceans Day Anthology, and may be read/performed in the Blue Institute’s 2021 World Oceans Day Festival. Author’s retain all rights other than specified here.
FEE:Each Adult submission is a $10 suggested donation - (Students in K-12 free – please identify your school)
• Online payment http://weblink.donorperfect.com/wordsonwater2020
• Postal Mail payment by Check or Money Order (Do Not Send Cash)
• Make Checks Payable to “Blue Institute at Cape Cod”
SUBMISSION METHOD: Online or Hardcopy
PRIZES: First prize in each category and grouping is a $100 bookstore gift card, Second Prize in each category and grouping is a $50 bookstore gift card.
Postal Mail to: Blue Institute, P.O. Box 333, Harwich Port, MA, 02646 USA Office: +1 508 939 3435
Blue Institute at Cape Cod, Inc. is a Registered 501(c)(3), Charitable organization. Donations to the Blue Institute are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Copyright © 2016-2020 - All Rights Reserved